UltravioletPhotography

Does anyone know about 313nm light to help eczema?

dabateman

I was reading that a possible way to help reduce eczema is using specifically 313nm light.

Does anyone know any details about this possible phototherapy?

Thanks David

Thank you Jonathan.

However that article seems to focus on immunosuppression for psoriasis. It did link to this article, which I hadn't read yet

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jdv.14891

Which indicates dosage. The main thoughts I was previously reading was about local vitamin D increase. But then why not just rub in a vitamin D drop? It fat soluble and would easily cross into the skin.

The antibacterial thoughts make some sense on local accessible skin or antiinflamitory thoughts.

I don't know the cause and was surprised 313 or 308nm could be a treatment. As I can administer that

But I don't have a dosage meter. But I may not as wouldn't want to cause other skin damage or problems.

So still curious about this.

David, in the paper I sent the authors say that while psoriasis and AD (atopic dermatitis) are clinically different, they both have activated T-cell infiltration into the skin. The UVB has an immunosuppressive effect for both. Dermatologists use the term 'eczema' and atopic dermatitis interchangeably.

Thanks John and Jonathan.

I don't really trust my Dermatologist, as I think he was limited in thinking what it could be before seeing the subject.

Now that I look closely I am seeing punctuate red in the general cheek rash. So there might be some Staphylococcus aureus infection.

We have decided to try 2.5% hydrocortisone. Which looks to be helpful.

I might just try 313nm light, if that doesn't clear it.