UltravioletPhotography

Hi from Scotland!

ScottyRae

Hi! Obviously new here, my name is Scott from Scotland (original, I know) and I'm a long time photographer, slightly less long time infrared photographer (720nm only so far on converted Nikon D90 and then D7100), and having just gone full spectrum using a Nikon Z5 (so I can try other wavelengths, including visible, all on one camera body), intrigued by UV!

It wasn't something I was quite ready to get into yet as I was looking for a (preferably magnetic) filter system I could use for different wavelengths, but having hit a problem and after doing a bit of searching, I see UV photographers have some similar problems to IR photographers using mirrorless cameras! :unsure: In other words, PDAF banding! Wasn't something I was aware of before I converted the Z5 (doh!) but it looks like you UV folk have had a few ideas on fixing in software that I hadn't seen before, so thought I'd join and ask! and then hopefully stay and get into UV! :D

Thanks! :)

Welcome to the UVP community. Many of our members do IR besides UV, or vice versa. Or something entirely different, as long as it is "invisible". We are broad-minded here.

As to the dreaded PDAF striping, lots can and already have been said. We should expand on these issues in dedicated threads. For now, this is just a virtual coming-together so we'll get to know the person behind the screen nick.

And of course Scotland is a wonderful country on its own. I have visited parts of Scotland several times and will repeat as soon as the current sad pandemic situation is gone.

Thanks Bima! :) Yes, I've added my questions / comments to the PDAF post that brought me here! :D Am looking forward to learning lots, and yes, noticing a fair amount of IR on here too!

We were hoping to do a Norwegian cruise last summer, but as you say, the pandemic ruined that! One day!!!!