UltravioletPhotography

Omega 360DF40 on eBay

Andy Perrin

Andy Perrin

Not sure if anyone needs this, but an Omega 360DF40 is for sale right now:

I actually don't recall ever seeing this particular filter before when Omega Bob was running things.

dabateman

That doesn't look like an optical grade filter and by the rolls on the one side of it you can see a fairly high powered lazer was pushed through it. Most likely a clean up filter to make sure your line was correct.

I have recently bought 6mm 15-20mm focal length fused silica from that seller though to make UVC capable 3D lenses. They are good and the seller shipped fast.

I didn't know about all the really cool microscope parts they were selling. Just missing the floating air table and you could build a nice optical bench with all those parts.

Andy Perrin
Ooh yeah the back looks rough. Still, $20 isn’t much. Stick it in a Convoy?
Andy Perrin
I can’t find an explanation on modern Omega’s site, but my guess is “dichroic filter”.
Thanks, David. Those AF filters look mouth-watering with attenuation > OD10. I would guess they're going to be beyond my pay grade.
dabateman

The filters Andy is talking about can be bought new from Omega right now at 12mm size (only half inch) for $100. The price get more expensive from there.

But Omega now, might be better at customizing the filter you need. That seems to be the push of the website after the recent purchase.