UltravioletPhotography

A Lovely Bunch of Flowers

A Lovely Bunch of Flowers, that I bought at the shops.

I'll start with a visible white light at about 6000k.

The only flower that I can recognise is the pink carnations & they smell lovely too.

Over the next few days I'll pick one out for an audition under UVA light & the leafy branches I'll give them a dose of of IR too.

Visible bunch.....

post-31-0-22382800-1618749665.jpg

Neither. It is just how these things work out. It is possible you can get a surprise and we only know when the photos have been taken.

In "old" times, a UV-black flower was said to have "no UV pattern". These days we do know better.

Andy Perrin
I say “good” in the sense that you should be able to expose everything properly without having some flowers be too dark to see detail and others blown out.

Thanks Andrea

I'm not a gardener, I only have the Allamanda & a few Hibiscus'.

The only other plants are a Macadamia tree, the flowers are small & the sent is made in Heaven, & a big Mango tree, that has Mangos to kill for, but the flowers are microscopic.

Col, Hibiscus might be interesting in UV. I'm always looking for surprises in UV!

A friend brought us some huge Mangos from Mexico last summer. They were delish!

The Gerbera will probably be the most interesting of your flowers above in UV and UVIVF. But you never know for sure until you photograph all of them.