UltravioletPhotography

Sigma fp Full Spectrum & Standard

I am starting to eat out of the hand of the two Sigma fp cameras I have, one standard & one I converted to full spectrum.

To make life a little easier for me, I now have a Canon 40 automatic pancake lens, partly UVA capable & some electrical extension tubes to match to the Sigma fp.

This Sigma fp is a very capable camera & very adaptable to many lenses through its L-mount.

I hope now, that we can be friends for a few years.

I have redone the Allamanda flower, after posting last week with the UVA capable Igoriginal refurbished Soligor 35mm f3.5 manual lens.

Allamanda with Sigma fp, Canon 40 automatic pancake lens in visible light & with a Baader UVA filter.

post-31-0-02141200-1618579170.jpg

post-31-0-64409400-1618579196.jpg

post-31-0-12088500-1618579278.jpg

post-31-0-42669000-1618579304.jpg

Nice and sharp. I can see how focus bracketing could help with this flower.

Great images. I find autofocus in UV is so much easier. Too bad there aren't more UV autofocus lenses. At least the Canon 40mm is a gem working for almost every camera now with adapters.

Thanks Dave

Yes a big difference & great help for my sore old eyes.

I have now a 7inch monitor for the fp, so that will make life a bit easier with the manual lenses I hope.

But most importantly the fp is a very nice camera in both configurations.

The UV photos above are at ISO 3200 & are so cool.

Yes, I was connecting my Olympus cameras to a computer and using Olympus capture. But this was really clunky and slowing things down. I have now just connect directly to the micro Hdmi port a large monitor and it works much better in live view. This should also work with my Df as well.

I am young, but seem to need AF as I just keep missing where I want to be.

I might also try the multi frame per second method, leaning in and out to tey and nail it or use the series for focus stacking in down stream software.