UltravioletPhotography

Hello everyone from Moscow

macmicus

Hello from Moscow!

I am a photographer with a long history of museum work. I'm also interested in scientific photography, especially macro photography. In recent years, I have also been restoring historical photographs including the earliest ones such as daguerreotypes and talbotypes. Now we are dealing with the problem of visualizations of photographic images on damaged photos. Interesting results were obtained when using transmitted IR for photographic negatives with different spots and now we want to continue these experiments in the UV spectrum.

post-351-0-20040600-1618268750.jpg

post-351-0-70394600-1618268929.jpg

I hope that my experience in such work and the knowledge of the members of this forum will be mutually useful.

Good luck to everyone!

Hello Macmicus & welcome.

I like learning about UV & IR photography & using LEDs & I enjoy trying to make my own LEDs too.

Have fun here & share with us your knowledge & photos please.

Cheers

Col

Welcome to UVP and its expanding Russian section :smile: looking forward to see and discuss your contributions.

Welcome here macmicus.

From your pictures, I assume you are building a scanner, which uses UV-light ( as photo scanners often include IR-light, to remove dust etc.)?

Alaun,

the scanner has been redesigned to work with transmitted infrared light. We have provided the ability to disable the built-in illuminator.