UltravioletPhotography

Ficaria verna

nurWolfgang

Hello 

I still doing my first test with UV, starting in our wild Garden 

We have quite some Ficaria Verna and on the weekend we had sun

the plant was used in former times in the seafaring as a vitamin C donor, i tried the leaves in salat it is quit bitter 
The plant appears to the human eye yellow, with UV light it looks l much darker in the middle section

I used a Baader Filter and a Kyoei Acall Kuribayshi 35mm and a helicoid on a sony 7II full spectrum. For post I use Capture one for for Sony

I am happy for any advise or critic

best regards

Wolfgang

post-331-0-76532200-1618000735.jpg

The UV signature is as expected for this species at least. The colour scheme is perhaps a little unusual, but we are picking nits here as false colours have no true definition - by definition (sic).

The Lesser Celandine is also known as Ranunculus ficaria. The corolla segments (honey leaves not strictly petals) have a shiny, oily surface which makes it almost impossible to get close-ups without any reflections.

nurWolfgang

Hello Birna

thanks for the addition the German name is Scharbockskraut or Feigwurz

In the normal light macro world I would have photographed the flower from the side shading the actual plant and keeping the background brighter best with ligth from the back to avoid the refexions.

I add a discribtion I made a wile ago for the ones who may be intrested

Unfortunately, shading is not really helpful in UV photography. :)

As for the colors if already colorful then it does not matter and you can make it really colorful :)

best regards

Wolfgang

bokeh.pdf