Desert Dancer

• Owner-Administrator
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 21:51

Tricolour
Tri-colour
Tri-Colour
TriColour

Tricolour is an actual dictionary word. But how would you all like your tag to be shown? With/without the hyphen? In cool hacker format => TriColour? Capital 'C' on Colour, or not? I'll use the British spelling.

MWIR tag also. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Andrea G. Blum
Often found hanging out with flowers & bees.

#22 Bernard Foot

Bernard Foot

• Members+G
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 22:43

View PostAndrea B., on 25 March 2021 - 21:51, said:

Tricolour is an actual dictionary word. But how would you all like your tag to be shown? With/without the hyphen? In cool hacker format => TriColour? Capital 'C' on Colour, or not? I'll use the British spelling.

I'm not too worried, but if I'm pushed to vote I'd go with TriColour. I'm also OK with US-English spelling as that is what International English is.

Re. the definition of Macro, the formal definition is a magnification of at least 1:1 (i.e. size of an object on the sensor is at least as large as the real subject). However, people use the term more loosely to mean very close-up - my SMC Macro Takumar 100mm has a maximum magnification of 1:2. I would not be too proscriptive about this - people have the general undertsanding that this is extreme close-up rather than just a close-up like a portrait. There's also the problem that people with cameras with smaller sensors would be more constrained in the subjects they could submit because 1:1 for them will cover a smaller part of the subject than 1:1 would on a full frame.

So I wouldn't worry about defining it now - if we see there is a problem with what is going into this tag then we may have to revisit this.
Bernard Foot

#23 Stefano

• Members(+)
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 20:30

I want to remind anyone who has done tri-color/colour images to add that tag. The only tagged topics so far are mine. I tagged two topics, even if I posted a tri-color image also here.

#24 Bernard Foot

Bernard Foot

• Members+G
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 21:13

View PostStefano, on 30 March 2021 - 20:30, said:

I want to remind anyone who has done tri-color/colour images to add that tag. The only tagged topics so far are mine. I tagged two topics, even if I posted a tri-color image also here.

I'll do it when Andrea has set up the Macro tag so I can do all my stuf at the same time rather than going throiugh it several times.
Bernard Foot

#25 Stefano

• Members(+)
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 21:19

I reminded it because the TriColour tag was added after Andrea dropped "UV" from other tags, so I thought people forgot to tag their topics a second time. Good to know no one apparently forgot to do it.

#26 UlfW

Ulf W

• Members+G
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 05:33

Yes Please!
A Macro tag, but defined rather loosely, not just 1:1 and above.
Ulf Wilhelmson
Curious and trying to see the invisible.

#27 Andrea B.

Desert Dancer

• Owner-Administrator
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 23:23

Closed.
Please goto [Tags] Discussion #3 Now Open
Andrea G. Blum
Often found hanging out with flowers & bees.