UltravioletPhotography

Hello from the PNW, USA.

AdamSpurgin

AdamSpurgin

Greetings!

The need for a more solitary hobby that got me out of the house inspired me to get back into photography. And, me being myself, I dove right in. My main interest in photography is being able to capture detail and information not readily apparent to the naked eye. This lead me to macro, micro, telephoto nature photography, ultra high resolution composites, and of course... UV/IR photography.

My main camera is an a7r iv, so I found a an a7s with a scratched sensor on the cheap and had it modified to full spectrum. The last month or so has been spent walking around, searching for interesting displays of UV reflection. I picked up a cheap nikon 50/f1.8d to start out with, but have been scouring ebay for better options. My current go-to lens is a 105mm el-nikkor on a ridiculous helicoid stack.

My background is software. Professionally I tend to stick to more boring topics, but I have a strong interest in graphics-based algorithms and have been reading into possibilities with libraw. Electronic circuit design is also a hobby of mine, and I've been toying with the idea of trying to made an LED panel that allows for some customization of distribution of UV wavelengths to bring out more detail in interesting subjects.