UltravioletPhotography

Today in highly overpriced UV items...

Andy Perrin

Andy Perrin

Sometimes I see things on Adorama and question my sanity. Or the sanity of whoever buys this stuff! Six 18W fluorescent black lights (366nm nominal wavelength) for the price of...well go look:

https://www.adorama.com/krrb5003.html

Do they pick these UV bulbs in the sacred garden of the goddess Boll Lux or something?

More importantly what is 366nm wave length color temperature? That must be what your paying for, corrected 366nm color temperature.

When I clicked I also saw the enticing 30% off discount saving $732 off list price. They know how to appeal to me. :p

Andy Perrin

Oh, Kaiser makes great products. The quality is not in doubt. I own their mid-range copy stand and it was reasonably priced (compared to competition at same level...) and very very well-constructed, which is critical in a copy stand, since you want things to be level and balanced and not to fall off at critical moments. You also don't want to break your arms raising or lowering it, and they did a good job with that also. I have no complaints, especially since it was replacing my prior copy stand, which was half the price but also half as adjustable, liable to rock from side to side, and annoying to raise and lower. So, sometimes it is worth the money to buy quality. But not on this light source!

Also, the cost of the light source is literally over double what I paid for their copy stand, so I'm not sure how that makes any sense either.

Oh, Kaiser makes great products.

With a name like "Kaiser" you have to make great products, actually they ought to be of imperial quality :wink:

In line with what some of the fluorescent mineral people pay for filtered UVC lamps.

The Kaiser ad didn't mention the free IR that they get with the lamp...?