UltravioletPhotography

Happy Birthday 8th Birthday, UVP! [Fluffy kitten added.]

Andrea B.

It just hit me that UltravioletPhotography.com will be 8 years old on 31 March 2021. I am really astounded that we have lasted that long. It has all been a strange, wonderful and amazing trip.

It is all of our very cool Members who make UVP what it is. I cannot say Thank You enough to the Membership for all your beautiful photos and excellent contributions. Your friendliness has made this an especially nice place for both experienced and beginning photographers to ask questions, show their work and discuss gear. We have all learned so much from one another.

Let's keep it going for a while longer, yes?

My Very Best Regards to Everyone

and Stay Safe --

Cheers,

Andrea B. :bee:

UVP World Headquarters

Western Division, Santa Fe, New Mexico

This fluffy kitten is wearing some flowers having the typical UV-absorbing bull's-eyes.

cuteKitten01.jpg

Congrats Andrea!

I've seen many IR sites come and go after only a few years. The wealth of information is what sets UVP apart.

Thanks to our Hosts, Andrea & Birma, for this fantastic site, & everyone for sharing your knowledge, it has been an amazing experience for me.
The domain name actually was registered way back in 2002 (by me). It lay dormant for a good while until Andrea and I joined forces some years later. Our SW Desert trip in early 2012 led to the actual web site being launched that spring. The rest is history.

Yes, well done to A & B for getting it all started, keeping it going, and managing it.

And as Andrea says, the membership is also a major factor in the success. I've learnt a tremendous amount from other members, had some great assistance, and seen some amazing work. Not to mention being donated some kit by some members!

Tomorrow is the big day. I need to go look for a Happy Birthday photo with the required fluffy kittens. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps a kitten wearing UV bull's-eye flowers will suffice? :grin: :grin: :grin:

See first post.

Thanks to Andrea and Birna, ..., and the rest of you, I've learned a lot in the last year.

BTW: Is there a special name for the members here, like UVies, or UViPs, or ...? And I haven't found out yet how that secret handshake goes :smile:

UV-ites. That would be easy to pronounce in my mother tongue(s) (where the hyphen - isn't really required anyway)

Happy birthday on the East coast.

Funny that on the birthday the UV may be dropped from forum names.

I was hoping for a cat in UV. I have only seen ducks walking past when shooting in UV.

Well, see what all those years of exposure to UV can do to you ...

_ZUU1068_side_effects_of_all_those_UV_years-beware1.jpg

So, beware of UV, and do consult UVP for sound advice on anything UV, IR, and invisible.

oh my goodness !! All that UV has turned your hair red and my hair white !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Great photo, Toni !! Thanks for the link. And of course, the required cat.