UltravioletPhotography

New Emulation Tag. Some Renamed Tags.

Andrea B.

There is a new Emulation tag for tagging any topics about digitial emulation of old UV/IR/Multispectral film processes. For example, Aerochrome emulation has been a very popular topic here.

Please add the Emulation tag to any of your relevant topics so that your information and examples will be brought up in an Emulation tag search.

I have dropped the UV from some older tags. The older tags will remain in effect but will no longer show up in the drop-down Tag List in the Editor.

• UV Camera --> Camera
  • UV Film --> Film
  • UV Lens --> Lens
  • UV Lighting --> Lighting
  • UV Video --> Video

As you have the time, please examine your old topics and update any old Tags. Please, pretty please!

Unfortunately, I do not have a way to update tags in the database. Besides which, my personal policy on our UVP database is to *never* run any SQL on it which updates or deletes. I did not create that database and so I cannot possibly know all its pointers. (Just for the record, I did look into updating Tags via SQL but it quite quickly became rather complex - and time-consuming.)

In UVP Rules & Guidelines you can review How to Tag a Topic.

Side Note: Don't overthink Tagging. :cool:

Tags are provided to cover high level searches on frequently searched items. Specific searches are best done in the Search Form or with a Google Site Search.

How To Search on UltravioletPhotography.com

Thanks Andrea,

So I should tag all my posts Aerochrome as most popular so they will be read as current flavor. Although maybe thats Colloidal now.

Just joking. I don't think I have ever searched using tags by the way. I use the bar, memory or Google in that order.

David, you know, when we started UVP, tagging was open. Anyone could create a topic tag. It became an unholy mess quite quickly !!! The random tags were entirely useless. It was kinda fun though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy, you are very welcome! Wish I had time to do even more for the site.