UltravioletPhotography

Uv torch diffusion

cancington42

cancington42

I purchased a uv torch from engenious designs and use the zwb2 filter. There is a dark spot in the centre of the light on the subjects. Is there any sort of diffusion material that would work to distribute the light from the uv torch onto the subject?

Thanks

I do not know about the Lee filter, but I have a milky Plexiglas plate that I use with my EL panel to take flats for astrophotography. I just checked it and it seemed to itself to emit some fluorescence and let very little if any UV though. (My standard method is to check the bright fluorescence induced by my Convoy on a piece of white paper and possible attenuation of that).
Uv light passes well through ptfe. You can try weapping a layer of plumbing tape around the filter. That actually helps
cancington42

Uv light passes well through ptfe. You can try weapping a layer of plumbing tape around the filter. That actually helps

Thanks! I’ll give that a try!

In my research I found this company that deals with plastics for diffusion.

https://www.curbellplastics.com/Search-Results?searchtext=Ultraviolet+&searchmode=anyword

I’m going to give them a call and see if their products are applicable to my needs.