UltravioletPhotography

Whom might be interested in a photo ninja discount?

dabateman

I contacted photo ninja support to see if a group discount on the software might be possible and it actually might be. Also a new version will be released soon.

When I was a member (may still be haven't checked in in years) of an Olympus photo group, we were able to get a discount on lightzone and photoacute software. They were very generous with 50% off.

I have know idea what to expect, but they want to know if this will be general listing or restricted list of individuals.

I personally think a list of interested people might be best. Similarly to how we funded the Hoya filter project.

Please let me know if interested so that I can relay an expected number of people.

Yes, I use Photo Ninja & if "a new version will be released soon", I guess I'll need to upgrade too.

If this also helps Stefano get up to speed then all the better.

Bill De Jager
I just installed my old version from my desktop on my newish laptop (that's allowable for up to two computers at a time) but I haven't updated it to reflect changes in recent years. I'm definitely interested, especially since the old desktop is going to be rebuilt.
Count me in with say 2 new licenses. Then I can "trickle down" some of the existing older versions (v. 1.39) to the Linux boxes. The v. 1.25 to 1.38 install effortlessly under Linux. I haven't given entirely up the hope of the promised v.2 - the version to solve all processing problems -- but meanwhile can do with updated handling of my newer camera models ....

If it will help me working with RAW files, then count me too.

It is the prima donna for UV processing & make your photos bellissimo.

Works with all (Most) Bayer Cameras & works on the Sigma Foveon Cameras that I have sent past it too.

Birna, the next version was indicated as 1.4.0

So I would expect some changes over a 1.3.x series release. But not as major as a 2.0 version.

Actually was glad to here that, I wouldn't want a major white balance or color change.

Just to let you know, if this applies to anyone, the current version of PhotoNina does not work with Mac OS Big Sur. I contacted PN last week and was told there was an imminent update which would correct this.
Yes, I'd be interested, even though I'm not quite sure yet how to use their version of the xmp-file together with Lightroom without juggling lots if intermediate TIFF/JPG files. But I'd like to give it a try.
I'll be on the list because I need a new PN license. (After a certain number of upgrades, a new license is needed.)

Downloaded the two versions (AX/V2 and SSE4.2) for 64-bit Windows. The first did install without error messages, however later refused to run at all. Still no error messages. The latter installed with an error message about something Qt-related missing, yet did run when fired up later and the error message was not repeated?

The UI is cleaner than before, otherwise most of the functionaity seems intact, except the interfacing to Photoshop has been removed which I personally regret. I could not see any major improvements but admittedly only did a few cursory tests with the 1.40SSE4.2 version.

Andy Perrin

Downloaded the two versions (AX/V2 and SSE4.2) for 64-bit Windows. The first did install without error messages, however later refused to run at all. Still no error messages. The latter installed with an error message about something Qt-related missing, yet did run when fired up later and the error message was not repeated?

The UI is cleaner than before, otherwise most of the functionaity seems intact, except the interfacing to Photoshop has been removed which I personally regret. I could not see any major improvements but admittedly only did a few cursory tests with the 1.40SSE4.2 version.

The AX version for the Mac worked fine.

I sent a polite request to PN Support to resume Photoshop plugin compatibility "as soon as they could."

PN 1.40 SSE4.2 installs and runs flawlessly under Linux (tested on Linux Mint).

I think I can make do with purchasing an upgrade not the full version. However I need to tally my existing inventory of PN licenses/installations first before placing a new order..

I got the group discount on a PN upgrade key ... and the ability to remove VAT as well. Good on me. That ended up cheap.

Even better, the new license this time did not mangle my surname with its Nordic letter beyond recognition. At last a US company understanding the world exists outside its own nation.