UltravioletPhotography

Photo Ninja

colinbm

I am trying to remember how I used Photo Ninja ?

I have got it to open & edited a photo, now I want to save it ?

I can't see where the 'Save As' is in the menus ?

I respectfully disagree. + + S is standard Windowese for "Save [file] as"..... Which is, in fact, the apt description of the action you are about to initiate.

Save

Image Menu > Quick Render

or

Command + S [on Windows, Control + S

or

Configure the left-most Down Arrow at the bottom left of the main page to act as the Save/Quick_Render button.

Save As

Image Menu > Render As

or

Shirt + Command + S [on Windows, Shift + Control + S]

or

Configure the second-from-left Down Arrow at the bottom left of the main page to act as the Save_As/Render_As button.

After either a Save or a Save As, hit the Done button to close the file.

Does this software ever go on sale? I see its currently $129.

DXO has a 30% off spring sale now, so the Elite is $150. I am tempted by that sale, as DXO works wonders for Olympus cameras.

But this would be more practical for my tricky WB, although I still need to test that.

Just wondering if anyone has found a discount code or if it ever goes on sale.

I got photoacute and lightzone 50% off way back with a joint Olympus user group discount. I wonder if photo ninja could do that if a bunch of UV photographers order it. Of course lightzone is now free, so could have waited and saved $70. But that would be a gamble. It almost vanished forever, if not for TEX.

Waiting for Godot -- or waiting for Photo Ninja v.2. Essentially the same experience. I have purchased a few PN licenses over the years, but think several years have elapsed since the last time.

I avail myself of the fact that PN in general can process RAW files for which it was not specified. You will get the odd colours, but for UV applications, we are far outside the "normal" any way. Session profiles can easily be built if visible light is your preference. And PN installs and runs just fine under Linux which is highly convenient.