UltravioletPhotography

The vanishing heart [SWIR timelapse video]

So nice, water literally becomes ink in SWIR. This opens up a lot of artistic possibilities, like secret messages, invisible paintings and so on. Our eyes see so little...
Andy, I think he means seeing paint become lighter as it dries. At least, this is how I interpreted it. I wouldn't buy some paint just for this though.

Colin you can do that experiment on your own and report back.

I guess I'll have to learn how to do time lapse photography over a day.

I love sailing & watching sailing boat races, some say that is like watching paint dry too...

Stefano, I am fairly sure Colin was joking. Not seriously wanting a video of paint drying.

What we are looking at is water. If there isn't any water than it will not be dark. Or if whats changing is alcohol or volatiles, than too wouldn't be dark.

So artistically Andy could show something rising out of the black water as it dries out. Or something transparent in swir evaporating moving two ice blocks together.

Many odd fun images I can imagine.

I took it as a joke and responded accordingly.

Yeah, I have plenty of ideas, although what I really want is three SWIR LEDs of reasonable power that I can switch on and off via MATLAB so I can do color imaging by rapidly lighting each one up and snapping a photo. Every three photos would give a color frame...

Kind of what I did in the NIR. If your subject is still enough you can just wait for longer with not-so-powerful LEDs. They should work quite well.
Stefano, that will depend on the sensitivity I think -- you saw the problems I was having with noise at 1250nm, although I don't think it would be quite so bad with a large range of wavelengths (12nm isn't much).