UltravioletPhotography

John C. Dowdy

JCDowdy

Hello everyone,

I have been bumping into some of you on the NikonGear site for a few weeks now so you have seen my login somewhere already. While I am new to high end photography I am no stranger to UV.

I am a photobiologist, which is nothing to do with photography until now. My scientific interests are in UV photobiology including basic cell biology of human pigmentation, vitamin D, sunburn and skin cancer. I have done some video microscopic image analysis and much of my current work is in UV/Vis/NIR spectral analysis and risk assessment. In my spectroradiometric work I am familiar with many types of light sources and filters.

My interest in UV/IR observable photodermatological responses to UV has led me here. I am still assembling my kit, and am full of questions.

Thanks already to those of you who have guided me into this interesting area.

John

Welcome on board. Questions and answers are valuable for all parties involved so don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome, John!

It can take a while to get everything together. I have a working kit, but it will probably be changing over time. (Just in the process of testing a UV-flash)

Best, Nico

Hello John and welcome.

There is a great deal of info in the UV Sticky which is posted on Nikongear

and here also in the Equipment board of the Technical Zone.

And of course we will be happy to answer any questions.

That is a very interesting scientific area you work in.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your posts in our Forensics or People section.