UltravioletPhotography

Hi from Australia

LookCloser

Hi all, just a quick introduction

My name’s Mat and I am from Australia.

Over the last 2-3 years I have been developing my interest, skills and gear set in photography and videography. My particular interest is macro and nature. Now I am starting my journey into imaging with non-visible spectra, IR and UV and UVIF.

I have collected a bit of appropriate gear and have started in IR, and am building my collection of UV gear.

My gear:

Lenses, all from recommendations from the sticky on this site:

Enna Munchen 35mm Lithagon f2.8

El-Nikkor 80mm (metal)

Weltblick 55mm f2.8

My initial IR images are with a full spec converted Olympus E-M5i but sadly this suffered fatal water damage. The full spec glass is currently being fitted to an Olympus E-M10iii.

filters: all Kolarivision: UV bandpass, visible bandpass, 720nm IR.

I am in Western Australia so I have lots of endemic and fantastic flora to explore in UV!

I have included two of my 720IR images and 2 of my favorite macros. I look forward to sharing some UV and UVIF.

As an extension of my photography and video, I have been producing a YouTube channel on odd, endemic and underappreciated fauna and flora of Western Australia. I plan to incorporate UV/IR/UVIF into my content, both as stand-alone videos on imaging and as part of episodes on relevant flora. Here is a link to my channel for those that are interested: https://www.youtube....TarENVvcTfN8J-w

post-345-0-66632900-1614082403.jpg

post-345-0-01456800-1614082418.jpg

post-345-0-23636100-1614082427.jpg

post-345-0-69912500-1614082438.jpg

Welcome to yet another member "down under" .... looking forward to your contributions. We do have very interesting entries in the botanical section of Australian flowers and new ones are always desireable.

Welcome Mat

I am in southern QLD, so only a few time zones different.

Please post your work & show us the link to your YouTube please.

Cheers

Col

Thanks Col, I've updated my initial post with my youtube link. Images to come

Welcome to yet another member "down under" .... looking forward to your contributions. We do have very interesting entries in the botanical section of Australian flowers and new ones are always desireable.

Thanks Birna, I have had a look through the botanicals section here and I can't see too many Western Australian species. We have so many endemics that I'm sure I'll be able to contribute some new entries.

Thanks Col, I've updated my initial post with my youtube link. Images to come

A very professional presentation Mat

Your photography & videography are first class & the narration is well done & informative.

Thank you

A very professional presentation Mat

Your photography & videography are first class & the narration is well done & informative.

Thank you

Much appreciated Col, there is a vastly disproportionate amount of effort that seems to go into these videos for it to be only 5 minute long!

images attached now as well