•  

Hiya

1 reply to this topic

#1 IxnaX

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 20:54

Thanks for for the add...Im Mike.

Havent done much in reflective UV photography, but i do alot of UVIVF. My neighborhood is like Avatar with a 365nm torch...although its cold and wintery out now.

Ive also done infrared photography for 20 years with my Unmodified Nikons and point and shoots of yesteryear.
Got a modified Sony A6000 a couple of months ago so i thought id also dive into reflective UV to add to my IR.

Ive always made my own filters for IR...congo blues and deep reds can do anything i want. Though anything below 665nm doesnt work very good on Unmodified cameras.

I can do more with this modified camera. Already made 2 working Aerochrome filters for straight from the camera...cyan was the key there. Ill post some examples and spectragraphs showing their cutoff later.

As far as UV...I have a S8612-2mm and a ug11 and a u-340 are in postal limbo at the moment.

I have several Nikon lenses from the 80s that pass UV and my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 pass UV quite well.

2-3 layer congo blue gel sheets + s8612 have shown some promise with experiments.

Anyway... Ill see everyone around. :)

#2 nfoto

Former Fierce Bear of the North

• Owner-Administrator
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 21:05

Welcome to UVP and we look forward to seeing your contributions :smile: