UltravioletPhotography

Rearrangement

Andrea B.

Most viewers and members want to read topics in the the Tech section first, so I moved it up.

The Botanicals and the Our Galleries sections were moved down.

The Our Galleries section is not being used as I envisioned, so I will probably phase it out.

The existing topics will be saved though.

We are going to try a more formal UV Lens Data section to present tech data about lenses.

The format is being worked out. I'll put a proposed template in place in that section.

Please let me know of any problems.

Andrea B.

as your editor and dishwasher

Wait, why are Gallerys not being used as envisioned? I admit I haven't set mine up yet but I swear I was getting around to it! Like you, Andrea, I've had a busy six months.
Bill De Jager
Wait, why are Gallerys not being used as envisioned? I admit I haven't set mine up yet but I swear I was getting around to it! Like you, Andrea, I've had a busy six months.

Yeah, another task I'd been meaning to get to!

Aside from that, appreciate the tech section being moved up.

Yeah, we needed that Tech section moved up for a long time!

If I see some activity in the Galleries, then of course we will keep them.

Galleries should be kept. Just for the opportunity to show our site visitors we UVP nerds on occasion do take a photograph or two ...

I do have the original Visitor's Gallery at the top of the page in the Introductions section.

Birna, I think everyone would really enjoy reading the remainder of your "Early Days" topic which you started in Our Galleries?!!

I do have the original Visitor's Gallery at the top of the page in the Introductions section.

Birna, I think everyone would really enjoy reading the remainder of your "Early Days" topic which you started in Our Galleries?!!

In her defense, half of submitted a photo to a competition is the paragraph you write about it. Its just like that.

Most recent photo winners I have seen don't stand on their own. the over the top description is needed for me to consider the image.

Andrea,

Just noticed something odd in Galleries.

I can create my own new topic in everyone's gallery except for Birna. The only place were I was going to test it due to her edit control.

Was that always the case and I didn't notice or is that a new feature?

Andrea - re. Galleries, keep them!

I will add to them in "lumps" as projects get completed, rather than constant drip-feeding. So there could be long periods in between submissions. Don't know if others work in the same way.

I think it is good to keep the personal galleries.

As you only post really nice images to be proud of the update speed might be low, but then the image quality can still be high.

Images posted elsewhere on the forum are definitely suitable for a place in the galley. Maybe comments on images can persuade to get some moved or copied there.

It might be that the personal gallery id overlooked bu some posters.

Please keep them and promote them more.

They are interesting.

David and others -

You are not supposed to create Topics and/or write Comments in anybody's Gallery but your own. Galleries are for presentation of your best portfolio work by organized by topic, theme or time. Galleries are not for solitication of comments on your own work or for posting of comments on other people's work. You are free to post a good photo in both your Gallery and and also on the forum if you want comments.

Andrea B. :bee: