UltravioletPhotography

Eucalyptus

microbat52

Had a lot of fun with this one.

Am I posting too much? Please tell me if so, still dont know the etiquette here.

Panasonic lumix DMC-TZ100

ZWB2 on torch

Visible

post-333-0-76190700-1608067806.jpg

UV-induced Visible Fluorescence

post-333-0-35776600-1608067813.jpg

Yes, pretty images. You got blue leaves, sometimes they appear red because of chlorophyll.

I post quite a lot, I think I have one of the highest averages on the forum. That's because I really like what we do.

Server memory isn't infinite, but it became so cheap it is (at least currently) free for us. Today you can get an 8 TB hard drive for less than $200, and being about 200 members here that would mean 40 GB of space per member, and would cost only ~$1 dollar/member. Site5 probably doesn't host only us, but the key concept is that memory doesn't cost much today.

I like seeing new members posting. Usually this doesn't happen, and probably half of the ~40.000 posts in this forum were written by no more than 20-30 people. So better posting a lot than posting nothing, in my opinion.

Nope definitely don't post too much.

I need to photography more and post more.

I finally threw out my moldy apple as I knew I wouldn't get to it.

But my zombie carrots will get imaged one day. The new green leaves are red in uvivf

Post as much or as little as you like.

Sometimes responses are slow when people get busy,

so please don't feel neglected at those times. Eventually someone will respond. :grin:

BTW, I pay for our server share according to traffic and not by disk share.

I'm assuming those are eucalyptus flowers, yes? - quite interesting. Our Australian member Dave O. has also shown some eucalyptus. Look here in this section Myrtaceae.

We are always pleased to get additions to the botanical section, so keep that in mind. (I can help with the formal formatting there.)

Your images are true to eucalyptus, you can find more about one of Australia's more successful botanical exports at:

Eucalyptus plant guide

http://anpsa.org.au/eucal1a.html

Keep up the good work,

DaveO

Just saw your images, so cool! Now I want to photograph the closed capsules but its too late here, will keep an eye for next year.

UVP needs active participation from its members, whether by joining discussions or posting images of interest. It is a law of net communities that activities of single members wax and wane, often in an irregular manner, over time. Most members are busy in other fields as well.
  • 8 months later...