UltravioletPhotography

Possible (non-functioning) SWIR camera on eBay for around $500?

Stefano

Stefano, most here would not want that camera even if it were working because it is a LINE SCAN camera, meaning it captures only a single line of pixels at a time. To make 2D images it is necessary to rotate or sweep the camera or the object through the scene at a carefully adjusted rate. They are used with assembly lines a lot.

Maybe I should add a warning about line scan cameras on the sticky...there are a lot of them that turn up on eBay and I can see someone buying one without realizing.

Andy is the expert about FLIR on here.

A friend, has the same FLIR I do, did a video of boiling water a few days back, via WiFi, looked amazing.

The few videos I have done with my FLIR were via USB, so it is hard for me to connect up for a video in my kitchen, or I would have done one also.

It was so much more interesting than just a sill photo of boiling water with the FLIR.

Once I get WiFi set up for the FLIR I will try it.

Cadmium - boiling does indeed look amazing in LWIR.

Birna - I need someone to unlock the sticky for me temporarily so I can add it.

There is actually a pretty decent looking InGaAs camera (320x240) on eBay right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333542832032

The seller wants $4450 OBO, so probably you can get it for less than that. It’s been up a while.

It also comes with a lens and a 1500nm bandpass filter and there is a link to a YouTube video that the seller took with it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/E6KilEPbtFg

Ok, its a line scan. Yes, not so useful (unless you are quite skilled and are able to use it as you said).

Edit:

...I don't know if this is clear or not, I didn't notice it is a line scan camera. My bad. Yes, that's kind of embarassing, but at least this wasn't useless, and Andy put a useful warning in his sticky.

The other one looks nice, $4450 is surely not something I can afford, but it's a nice camera. Just imagine making it portable and going around with it on your shoulder...