UltravioletPhotography

Censored nude. and water. 950 nm

I don't know if this picture you think is appropriate. But I hope that you will forgive me if I refer to all the wonders and horrors of Halloween - I am more than indifferent to all holidays, but I like the atmosphere of some of them.

It's been a year since I've been haunted by this scene - after I read

this https://www.ultravio...__fromsearch__1

and this https://www.ultravio...__fromsearch__1

I'm sorry if I broke any rules

lighting - incandescent lamp, filter 950 nm

post-237-0-21085600-1604135611.jpg

Censorship is not equal to UVP policy. I actively dislike halloween, but not the creativity it sparks.

A clever use and application of NIR graph properties, for sure.

I have to say, this image does feel creepy for me. Not only the black water, but more how IR penetrated several millimeters of skin and tissue showing very well the veins on the hands, hands that also seem skeletal, because of the dark water. An X-Ray may be the next step? I have some X-Ray images of my body (done in a hospital), maybe one day I will post them.

The creepiness is intended of course, and I think you really nailed it. Good job.

There are reasons why nude photography and IR don't mix too well on an aesthetic level. Blood veins for example become very apparent in particular in the chest and arm regions. Maybe pleasing to the eye if one is a vampire? I for one can do without (and yes, I have tried using former girl friends and myself as test subjects. Perhaps that is why they became 'ex' ??).

Thank you all for your comments! :smile: I am glad that there is no censorship here, art can be different.

About IR and body - it's just a matter of personal taste. the taste of all the markers are different :grin:

I love people in IR very much!!!! they are either demons with veins and dark whites or perfect marble-skinned angels. as two sides of human essence. which are sometimes impossible to see with the eyes

post-237-0-69230400-1604141030.jpg

IR sometimes makes you look like a ghost. Brown eyes (like mine) become light, skin is white, I would say dead white. You look "empty". Veins really show up in IR, I have noticed this both on myself and on other people (by taking some IR photos of my dad at the beach this summer I really saw that the veins on his chest were very visible). I understand why some people may not like to see themselves in IR, as sometimes they look unhealthy and... maybe simply unnatural?

UV on the other hand makes your features look sharper, more vivid. Freckles are amazing in UV.

I like vampire, Gothic, and demonic themes :smile:

and by the way I got a lot more swearing and unpleasant words in my address about photos of people in UV than about photos of people in infrared

Eka!

I like the second image very much.

It has a very nice composition and colour scale.

The combination of the plants, sky and you?, are really nice giving an interesting contrast between textures.

A really artful usage of a human body as a main motif component.

The image catches my eye and makes me want to linger, exploring all details of the image.

It could have been a catchy poster image, but after looking for a while, I appreciate it as art instead.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Two outstanding images both with nearly opposite themes.

The dark water, dark veins, I feel lured into trouble. Eye catching yet trouble will come. Like something jumping out of a tv at me.

The second is almost angelic, soft sweet tones, looking innocent. Possibly playful.

You definitely have the artistic eye. Great components and composition. I think you feel the IR to work well with these.

Thank you very much for all comments, for every comment!!! I really appreciate it very much! :smile:

Long ago I had the idea to shoot a series of photos under the working title "People: angels and demons in us". But the routine does not allow me to do this. To need to look somewhere for models who want to participate in this, to look for suitable places to shoot. So I'm still limited to self-portraits) I'm looking for angels and demons in myself))) But the idea to carry out the plan does not go away.... but...This summer has disappeared altogether for global reasons :sad:

I love both photos! I'm thrilled someone took advantage of the dark water work. I think veins look pretty, so it's definitely a matter of taste.

Also, now we have both seen each other's bathtubs in the infrared. Tub friends forever!

Thank you so much!!!! :smile: Yes, veins are a very peculiar beauty, but beauty nonetheless. some morbid, gothic, vampire aesthetic. I know people who would give a lot to have their veins visible in normal light just like in infrared :grin:

haha, exactly!!!!))) Tub friends forever!!! :tongue:

and once again I want to say thank you - for those your topics. I thought I already knew enough about IR, but your topics have opened up a whole new little world for me!!! and next summer I want to continue in this direction - in natural reservoirs

Wow, some people would want to have very visible veins? I think there are also people who would do anything to hide them. A matter of taste, as you said.

If you want to hide them, don't drink too much water. :-)

The last time I went to the doctor for a blood test, they couldn't find my veins at all, and it turned out I was very dehydrated. They made me go drink some water in the lobby while they took another person, and when they got back to me they had no trouble on the second try. Lesson learned!

WiSi-Testpilot

Eka, I really like your images. They show creativity and imagination.

Regarding the photo in # 1: you could cover your breasts with your hands instead of the bar.

Best regards,

Wilhelm

Regarding the photo in # 1: you could cover your breasts with your hands instead of the bar.

Crossed arms, like a corpse...

• 9 months later...