UltravioletPhotography

Hello everyone

ultrainfra

Greetings everyone!

I am relatively new to photography. I got started back in July as a way to keep myself occupied during the pandemic. My interest in photography came from seeing some full spectrum photographs. I think it was some of Richard Mosse's aerochrome photos in Uganda that caught my attention, or some of Laurie Klein's infrared photographs. I don't recall which I saw first at the moment. My current main camera is the Kolari Pocket (a modified Canon Elph 180), but I eventually want to get a mirrorless camera to have modified for full spectrum photography. Nevertheless, I get a lot of use out of it and absolutely love full spectrum & infrared photography. Ultraviolet photography is something I'd like to delve into further when I have a camera more suited to the task, but in the meantime I joined this forum to learn from the community. I look forward to interacting with you all!

Hi, nice to meet you! We do plenty of infrared around here, as you probably already know if you've lurked much. Some of us chase the less-travelled corners of the spectrum (LWIR, UV-C, SWIR). I believe one member even has an X-ray machine.

Hi! I am kind of like Andy, I never went outside the ~350-1100 nm range, but I want to explore outside of this box.

Ultrapurple is probably who Andy is referring to.

Hi, nice to meet you! We do plenty of infrared around here, as you probably already know if you've lurked much. Some of us chase the less-travelled corners of the spectrum (LWIR, UV-C, SWIR). I believe one member even has an X-ray machine.

One can only hope he doesn't use the x-rays for doing portraits! :grin: