UltravioletPhotography

Another SWIR company to keep an eye on (or three of them)

Andy Perrin

In the future I really hope to explore SWIR, as I really love this band. It is a new exotic region for me, so hard to reach. Costs are coming down, so maybe in a few years these cameras will be affordable for me. I want to snap a SWIR selfie like you did and set it as my profile picture.

If you can convince someone to join the forum, that's a very nice thing. Exploring invisible light is so cool, and I would love to make someone passionate on this hobby/activity too.

Seems like smoke and mirrors to me. No spectra, no real information on the site. Claims on decades of University research, but no reference publications.

Possibly just a money grab.

Actually, my friend who sent this said that until recently they had more info up on there, but they removed it. Not sure if marketing decided it was too much or if they are scared someone will steal their idea.

I don't think it's a money grab in the sense of a swindle, but like any startup, that doesn't mean they will successfully bring their product to market. The TriWave was a good example of that — nice idea, real technology (heck, I love their camera!) but apparently they still couldn't make it work in the long run.

If you know it, where is its cutoff in the SWIR region? Does it reach at least the beautiful 1450 nm water absorption peak?

Highly doubt it. That paper I linked to claims a peak max at 1304nm. Based on the energies they claim a theoretical limit of 2500nm. So that most like means 1306nm.

Ok maybe being to cynical. They also can see a 1550nm light source. So maybe hope.