UltravioletPhotography

Chateau Halbturn in IR (700)

During my trip to Burgenland some time ago I also visited the Baroque chateau in Halbturn (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Halbturn). The main attractions here are the garden, a chapel and a "snake tree", it does pale in comparison to other chateaus in Burgenland, like this one here: https://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php/topic/4045-palace-grounds-700-nm/ , but still, I like the Baroque style of trimming the bushes and hedges :smile: , so here they go:

post-176-0-27158300-1598802421.jpg

post-176-0-10807200-1598802430.jpg

post-176-0-76268900-1598802437.jpg

post-176-0-11008800-1598802444.jpg

post-176-0-91925400-1598802451.jpg

post-176-0-38586300-1598802459.jpg

post-176-0-68518300-1598802470.jpg

Stephan, Great pics. I especially like the first and second photos. I don't usually like orange, but that one really works good for me, maybe because the sky color. :smile:

For me, my screen, or eye... most of these tend to improve if I run them through Photoshop Auto Levels. Removes 'cast', improves contrasts... something to try maybe.

Stephan, Great pics. I especially like the first and second photos. I don't usually like orange, but that one really works good for me, maybe because the sky color. :smile:

For me, my screen, or eye... most of these tend to improve if I run them through Photoshop Auto Levels. Removes 'cast', improves contrasts... something to try maybe.

Thanks. I usually do an automatic correction in Lightroom, and then play around with whitebalance, saturation, black, white, etc.. So sometimes I undo part of the autocorrection, because the photos took on a flat look. In many of my newer photos I've turned down saturation for Orange, therefore taking out some colour from the sky. The one with the tree I was unsure about whether it required more contrast ...

I love the "snake tree"!

Thanks.

looks like a Japanese Pagoda Tree.

It may well be, as there was a time where the nobility had all sorts of plants and animals imported from foreign countries just to show how wealthy they were.

Very enjoyable series.

That is truly a strange tree!

The non-sky part of the last photo is a bit too dark. Underexposed? It is difficult, of course, to keep overall brightness high without having the clouds blow out. :smile:

Very enjoyable series.

That is truly a strange tree!

The non-sky part of the last photo is a bit too dark. Underexposed? It is difficult, of course, to keep overall brightness high without having the clouds blow out. :smile:

Thanks. Yep, it's a bit dark in comparison, I ought to have used the brush or a gradient filter to lighten it up a bit.