UltravioletPhotography

Vega11y - test for IR.

Ninjin

I noticed that my lens Vega11 (Вега11 2.8 50) has a very small focus shift in IR. It still has a shift, but it's very small.

This allows me to make a fragment of a photo of a text (book) or other very small object, and combine the IR photo and + the visible photo, almost exactly. If there is such a task.

I put the lens in the adapter as for infinity for the Nikon camera, and I removed the lens for infinity.

So I'll leave this post, maybe someone needs a tool like this one. This is a very cheap option and can be used.

Perhaps someone has already written about this lens, I did not look.

There are many variants of Vega, but I've only tried this one lens. There is no thread for the filter, I fixed the filter with tape.

On tests:

Left - IR 830, right - visible. There is no focus change during shooting.

post-242-0-22464800-1598465056.jpg

I don’t know - all such lenses work this way or only mine lens.

post-242-0-52015800-1598465072.jpg

post-242-0-28638100-1598465088.jpg

(It doesn't work in UV.)

post-242-0-41088700-1598465232.jpg

Nice concept. Does refocusing change the magnification of the image? In other words, will this still work using a lens with a bigger focus shift, refocusing the lens?
Yes, my question was about doing the same with a lens with a bigger focus shift, refocusing every time. If by doing that the magnification of the image changes, you can not make a composition, as the sides will not match. Does that happen? If it does the only way of doing what Ninjin did is by using a lens like her (if you keep everything still).

Thank. Yes, this lens has no focus.

If I understand correctly - if the same exact connection of photos of small macro fragments is possible, if just use refocusing, on other lens, even if this other lens has a larger focal shift.

Yes, it is possible. I suppose yes? It depends on how much to spend for post-processing and free time. And will need popcorn, or maybe even .. Depends on the temperament.

Definitely popcorn, with my temperament. Stefano, the magnification would change, because you are moving the lens relative to the sensor. It could be accounted for in post-processing using something like Hugin to align the images, but it's obviously better just to not have the focal shift in the first place.

A good find, Ninjin! I use the EL-Nikkor 80mm/5.6 metal which also does not seem to have too much shift for that kind of thing. I'm presently working on a project to extract watermarks from old documents and this may be useful.