UltravioletPhotography

UV responsive hair dye

DaveO

In Oz you have a lot of UV (even though not much higher that in the rest of the world), so probably particularly useful in your country, but in any country really. Maybe it is easier to just apply sunscreen? Maybe it could be used by people with certain skin conditions who don't want to always have sunscreen on their skin?

I wonder if the reflected UV appearence also changes. Probably yes, but it would be nice to see it in an image.

I remember playing around with photochromic dyes in moisturisers years ago - the idea being to change colour when you'd had too much UV exposure. My management wasn't impressed with the idea. Perhaps if I'd done it in the days of social media it'd have gained more traction.
  • 2 weeks later...
I had visions of pink hair before I settled on dark red. Would be cool to have it doing double duty as a UV meter :grin:
One has to wonder just how hard it is simply to check your watch in order to determine whether you'be been in the hot sun too long. :grin: But I do grant that seeing hair change its color would be lots more fun!