UltravioletPhotography

Lake and nature in IR (700 nm)

This week I took advantage of one glorious summer day and visited a lake in the vicinity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almsee ), and also a nearby game park where Nobel laureate Konrad Lorenz (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_Lorenz ) did a lot of his studies. Naturally one makes plenty of reflection photos of the lake and the mountains, but I also quite like a the ones with just rocks and plants and a small brook.

post-176-0-30218700-1596965649.jpg

post-176-0-82976600-1596965658.jpg

post-176-0-39504600-1596965669.jpg

post-176-0-62372800-1596965676.jpg

post-176-0-67052300-1596965687.jpg

post-176-0-52305300-1596965695.jpg

Beautiful classic IR & I think one UV.

Thanks, but alas, no UV. I did bring my UV-camera, but had unwittingly moved the tiny dial for the eye-correction, so when I got home, I found out that I had to delete all UV-photos :angry: (if you're referring to the third photo, this is 100% IR, but in LIghtroom I inverted it.

Thanks, but alas, no UV. I did bring my UV-camera, but had unwittingly moved the tiny dial for the eye-correction, so when I got home, I found out that I had to delete all UV-photos :angry: (if you're referring to the third photo, this is 100% IR, but in LIghtroom I inverted it.

OK, you tricked me....;-)

Lovely series.

What is going on in the second photo? The conifers on the right are moderately IR-dark as expected. There is a very sharp demarcation and the left side is quite bright. But I'm unable to determine whether there are fewer trees or different non-conifer trees that account for the IR-reflectivity?

The tall conifer in the 5th photo has the most graceful structure. I looked at that for a long time. Sometimes we see something familiar in a new way because of IR or UV, yes?

Beautiful land there around the Almsee lake. Hope to see it for reals someday.

Edit:

"Almsee lake" is a bit redundant, so I crossed out the "lake".

How would we say that in English - Lake Alm??

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely series.

What is going on in the second photo? The conifers on the right are moderately IR-dark as expected. There is a very sharp demarcation and the left side is quite bright. But I'm unable to determine whether there are fewer trees or different non-conifer trees that account for the IR-reflectivity?

Thanks. I am not sure as well, definitely don't remember seeing (with my own eyes) such a disitinct border. There is definitely more rocks to be seen in the bright part of the hillside, and in a different photo of the same hill I don't see this sharp line. Possibly a combination of soil, trees and clouds :wacko: