UltravioletPhotography

Good light from Italy!

Chelidon

Hello my name is Fabio and I am from Italy.

As science driven thinker, I have been interested on matter and light interactions since my childhood and eventually better developed my knowledge with a Material Science master's degree at Parma University (Italy).

I started to deep my interest about photography around fourteen years ago with first digital compacts and almost immediately I have been caught with the possibility for their silicon CCD to easily collect nIR photons.

At that time I initially experimented nIR photography only with home-made low-pass filter (using exposed film pieces) and then switched to glass filters.

Already at that time my interest was caught by UV photography too and I started to buy some well-known lenses (thanks to the information found on http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.com, www.savazzi.net and others that anybody here probably already knows), but the filters and gears looked too expensive in those years.

Luckily, little by little, UV monocromatic sources has became widely common and cheaper over these years and thanks to low price glass makers, I believe, it is now becoming pretty easy for everyone to experiment with UV photography too.

Since I have started to takes UV reflectance photo at the beginning of 2020 with a well tested setup that has the advantage to be pretty cheap (everything under 200 €) compared to the most of the DSRL setups, I would like to share my experience in order to let more people to get close to the amazing UV world and multispectral photography in general.

Have a good (UV) light! ;)

Hello Stefano,

Glad to get your welcoming I read your posts during those months.

I do think there is some interest and contribution around from italian users. I rememeber some interested people on forums years ago (actually I have very short time to write on forums) that bought very expensive (and old) UV Takumar too and I have already pointed out a resource with italian roots.. ;)

Anyway I had usually spent a lot of time abroad because of work (except during this year obviously) and I think that interesting contribution will arrive from all over the world, as soon as more people will get interested about those techniques, UV is pretty incredible because of the wide interection with biological life (mainly artropods and plants), nIR in a lesser way too, and who knows what anybody could find just taking a filtered photo to some exotic life!

Welcome to our peaceful and enthusiastic UVP community. Looking forward to your contributiuons.
Andy Perrin
Hi and welcome! That was some nice work on your sunflower. You clearly need no help with the basics.
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Fabio, I loved your Helianthus post and hope to see more such photography from you. I am rather late making a formal welcome here in the Intro section. So, benvenuto Fabio !! :grin: