UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Greece

GKNSB

Hello everyone!

It's good to be on board. I've been lurking around as a guest for some days now and I've found the quality of the content and discussions to be great so I couldn't help it but join.

I'm mostly interested in IR with various false color combos, some black and white here and there etc. I've been struggling with an r72 filter for the last couple of years and even though I really enjoyed the results most of the time, the very long exposures needed made it hard sometimes.

Only recently I finally decided to get the second body I had converted to full spectrum so I could mess around with various filters and experiment with the results and I have to admit it's been amazing so far. What can I say, I'm a sucker for surreal dramatic landscapes. Just today I even ordered a B+W 040 E filter and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Samples of what I've been doing so far can be found in my signature.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday and an even better weekend ahead. Cheers!

Hi GKNSB! I notice you live in Athens, so you surely are familiar with the Parthenon. I visited it more than a year ago, and took some very rudimental UV and IR photos of it. Since you live there, you will surely do better than me.

As I understand, you are still new to UV. Having a full spectrum camera is already a step in the right direction if you want to shoot UV, even though some cameras can be used in UV even without modifying them, although the sensitivity is quite low.

Hi GKNSB! I notice you live in Athens, so you surely are familiar with the Parthenon. I visited it more than a year ago, and took some very rudimental UV and IR photos of it. Since you live there, you will surely do better than me.

As I understand, you are still new to UV. Having a full spectrum camera is already a step in the right direction if you want to shoot UV, even though some cameras can be used in UV even without modifying them, although the sensitivity is quite low.

Hey Stefano! Yeah the distance to the Parthenon is less than half an hour on foot from where I live. I'm waiting for the proper weather to add some dramatic clouds since now the sky is mostly just plain blue. (I see the irony in not liking clear blue skies). Indeed I'm pretty new to having a converted camera and I must say I love experimenting with it. Using it for UV is definitely something I want to try!

Welcome GKNSB

What is your converted camera please ?

Cheers

Col

Thanks Col, it's good to be here! My converted camera is a Nikon D5000. I got a clear sensor filter online from a US store and went the DIY way. Well not me exactly but the local official Nikon technician was kind enough to do the conversion for me. I was thinking about selling the D5000 when I got a D7200 but the price used would be something like 150 euros or something so I decided it's not worth it. I decided to go forward with the mod and I'm more than happy with my choice.

• 7 months later...
Hello and welcome to UVP! IR photography is a beautiful and interesting area. There are so many filters that one can use. We have lots of examples, so I hope you have been enjoying viewing them.