UltravioletPhotography

A Flower I Don't Know

To confuse things further, there are quite a few introduced species in North America (e.g. Sonchus spp.) which may or may not appear in standard references.

Floras and field guides do include non-native species. :smile:

Cadmium, this BUG channel mix does remind me of some of Birna's film work.

I always liked the UV photos with the red bullseyes.

I've been on the Oregon Flora Project to look at the Crepis setosa and other yellow Asteraceae.

http://www.oregonflora.org/gallery.php

They have a very cool collection of photos. I love finding this kind of documentation.

Yep, I always liked those UV from camera photos with the red. Basically red/white/blue looks. Not being patriotic or anything like that, just a nice look.

The red/white of a dandelion, looks very appealing. Birna has many older example of that online in different places.

Whatever the flower is above, it seems to be fairly prolific in my yard at this stage of the summer.

Andy Perrin
Was the red caused by using film, or was it digital and caused by the IR leak that was at that time not known?

Was the red caused by using film, or was it digital and caused by the IR leak that was at that time not known?

I know that U-type glass leaks some visible red in addition to IR. Even film with no IR sensitivity will then pick this up, and perhaps this is what explains it.

Off-topic Editor Note:

Stefano asks have my posts been deleted in Birna's Gallery space.

Yes, they have. Comments are not permitted in the Gallery section where members present some of their work in portfolio format.

Off-topic Editor Note:

Stefano asks have my posts been deleted in Birna's Gallery space.

Yes, they have. Comments are not permitted in the Gallery section where members present some of their work in portfolio format.

That was my guess. Thank you for making this explicit.