UltravioletPhotography

B410 with all but blue and cyan suppressed

bobfriedman

B410 with all but blue and cyan suppressed

Nikon D800 ,Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S

1/320s f/9 iso360 at 17mm

original.jpg

bobfriedman
there is always the minor problem of the tripod legs shadow.. I guess I could cloned them out with a bit of work
The sky color is even more natural than with UG2A. Did you block UV or UV can be assumed to be "blocked" by the much higher sensitivity of the camera to visible and infrared light?
bobfriedman

The sky color is even more natural than with UG2A. Did you block UV or UV can be assumed to be "blocked" by the much higher sensitivity of the camera to visible and infrared light?

I doubt the 17-35/2.8D passes UV, if any.

bobfriedman

another B410 with all but blue and cyan suppressed.

Nikon D800 ,Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S ,B410

1/320s f/9 iso160 at 17mm

original.jpg

bobfriedman

Bob, Wow! I especially like the top one.

yeah.. I don't think KG3 would be helpful here.

Not when you are removing the orange. But then again, KG3 might change it still.

Here is a comparison of B-410 alone (left) and stacked with KG3 (right). Without removing the orange.

post-87-0-16718100-1593823057.jpg

Another example using BG3 alone (left), and stacked with KG1(center), and KG3 (left).

post-87-0-57280500-1593823490.jpg

Bob, I wonder if you set the tripod with two legs in front & pretty vertical & the rear leg longer.

That could keep more of the tripod out of the picture ?

bobfriedman

Bob, I wonder if you set the tripod with two legs in front & pretty vertical & the rear leg longer.

That could keep more of the tripod out of the picture ?

always use two in back and one in front for stability from my wildlife days. if I had one leg in the rear it would get in the way. for 360 x 180 deg panos it makes no difference since you have to walk around the tripod anyway.

bobfriedman

Bob, Nice Fish Tank shot. :-)

so I was waiting for you to ask how I did this without a B410 modified camera..... of course, it was the PTGUI fisheye projection.

Ah, you clever guy. I wasn't even thinking about all that, looked like a Fish shot to me. Do you think that is how fish see? Fish Vision?

Nice projection I would say!

Guess we need to mount the camera a few feet out in front of the tripod with a counter weight on the back to keep the tripod and such out of the pics?

One (or two) of these,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554331-REG/Manfrotto_131DB_131D_Lateral_Side_Arm.html

or maybe one of these?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/552742-REG/Manfrotto_131DDB_131DDB_Tripod_Accessory_Arm.html