UltravioletPhotography

Help Please

colinbm

My UV camera is a Panasonic Lumix G3, M4/3 mount.

I have the Olympus G. Zuiko 20mm f3.5, which I believe has the PenF mount.

I have the PenF to M4/3 adapter.

BUT I don't seem to be able to couple the lens to the adapter ?

There are two levers or buttons on the outside of the lens, which I haven't found what they do either ?

I can couple the adapter to the camera, as is normal.

Photos of the items.....

1/ Lens front.

2/ Lens mount.

3/ Adapter label.

4/ Adapter mount.

post-31-0-12343300-1592402236.jpg

post-31-0-32204900-1592402392.jpg

post-31-0-36676900-1592402454.jpg

post-31-0-93614900-1592402614.jpg

The flat, broad chromed lever with ridges on top is the lens release lever.

The inside-mount black lever is the aperture stop-down.

Asking the obvious yet required question: you are sure the lens mount adapter is correct? For my m43 cameras I got the OM-m43 adapter.

No from quick Google search, your lens is pen mount. The OM version was 21mm.

So something is up with the adapter. Did you rotate it all around?

Thanks Dave

The lens & adapter will nest with the red dots aligned, but & can't turn it very far to lock or click in place ?

I can rotate the lens backwards about 8mm on the circumference, but only about 2mm in the locking direction, on the circumference....?

In the adapter there is a notch at about 9:00 that looks almost like it was hand filed. Did you do that? It also looks to me like there is a burr on the flange just clockwise from the notch.

Wow.....on Enrico's page this lens appears to turn left to lock. One of the levers on the side of the lens has a red 'L' that clicks into the notch mentioned above.

It must of had a left paw designer....

I have disassembled the Pen-F adapter & without the spring plate under the mount it is working, so I just need to find the errant spring....

Solved thanks guys & gals...

The problem was the spring plate under the lens mount plate....the spring plate is thin, like 10ths of a mm & there is a thin recess for it to sit in. Slight miss-alignment of the spring plate & one or more of the springs will foul the Pen-F lens bayonet.

Knowing which way the Pen-F lens turns to lock, helps too....it is, counter-clock-wise, ie left-handed !

The M4/3 mount turns clock-wise, ie right-handed.

So it is all AC/DC, but we got there.....

Now to design a better mouse-trap......

Do you know that the person that designed the wheel was an idiot......It was the person that designed the four wheels that was the genius...... :lol:

Andy Perrin

Do you know that the person that designed the wheel was an idiot......It was the person that designed the four wheels that was the genius...... :lol:

Now you are going to ax-hell.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Different companies turn different ways. I also forget that switching between Nikon and Canon stuff.