UltravioletPhotography

More High Speed UVF

Thanks :smile: , yep this is fun rediscovered - I discovered drop-photos a few years back, but with fluorescence and (soon) phosphorescence, this is a whole new level
How will phosphorescence change your images? Maybe you can pre-charge the ink and then drop it in the dark, even without UV?

How will phosphorescence change your images? Maybe you can pre-charge the ink and then drop it in the dark, even without UV?

In theory this might work, but I've shone my UV-LED onto the dye, and the phosphorescence fades pretty quickly, so not sure if precharging is sufficient - I'll give it a try, though. But I'll certainly have something like a sharp pillar from fluorescing dye and a dreamy (one could also say smeared out :wink: ) umbrella from the phosphorescing one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Your setup is really neat, thanks for explaining it. Such graceful and fantastic images. These would be amazing hanging on a wall. You should print and exhibit these in a show. 

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

• 3 weeks later...

Cool You must have read my mind as I had been contemplating this for ages and even though these have been done numerous times by others it is not yet Cliche I dont htink anyway haha. Enjoy making more images :)