UltravioletPhotography

Question about UVIR Experiences board

Andrea B.

I am thinking that this is *not* a well-defined section of UltravioletPhotography.com. Too many technical posts are placed here when they should be put into the Tech areas. So I was thinking of moving all topics here into the Tech area.

Any comments, suggestions, or questions about this proposed merge are welcomed.

Andrea, I see no reason not to move topics around.

Seems like a lot of the things in that section/'Zone' are there because someone didn't find a specific place, kind of a catch all.

I think you should move topics to where you think they fit best. Yep.

I agree, this is a "general purpose" section, and I post here when I can't find a proper section to post my experiences into.

Is it annoying to move topics around? I don't want to post all my stuff here if you then have to move the topics in another section. I usually do things that are not "well-defined", so I post here quite often.

Edit:

To avoid misunderstandings, I don’t mind if my topics are moved in another section, I am 100% Ok with that, but I don’t want to post a lot of things here if then Andrea has to do that job, if it is annoying for her.

Maybe an idea (I’m not really sure it is a good idea) could be to ask Andrea the most appropriate section to post our topics before posting them? The only (big) problem I imagine is a big flood of PM messages, as maybe a lot of people would write to her. I actually don’t have a good idea to solve this problem, let’s hear someone else.

Moving whole threads is a breeze. Editing a thread and moving individual post(s) is not difficult, but that kind of fine-grained editing tends to soak up a lot of time better spent elsewhere.

You can move stuff wherever you think is best.

People don't seem to chat much unless its about gear or method.

Still no one wants to shame them selves by posting their first UV photograph in my thread.

But easy to talk about lenses or new sensors.

Still no one wants to shame them selves by posting their first UV photograph in my thread.

I actually wanted to do it, but procrastinated the thing, since I’m lazy. I posted my first photos in my introduction, I was thinking about re-posting my first UV ones in your thread. I will do it if you want.