UltravioletPhotography

1.25” filters & adapters...

ACRosalino

ACRosalino
Hi, what is the easiest way to mount a typical 1.25” astro filter (ex. Baader U/Venus) to the back of a camera lens which accepts 39mm filters? I am sure there is an adapter, somewhere...?

Depends on your camera and how much registration distance you have.

All that I have seen is using a filter wheel. I have the cheap 9 positions one from Amazon, its about 22mm thick. So you really have to be careful with adapters to M43rds from a M42 or larger mount lens. The lens that works the best is Nikkor 80mm EL, as it has such a large registration distance of about 70mm.

20mm (m43rds mount) + 6mmm (adapter ring) + 22mm (wheel) + 5mm (ring) puts me at 51mm best, which are not many lenses. T-mount and enlarger lenses.

I haven't seen any easy clip rings. Seems like people add it inside the camera or will build themselves a mount adapter to house the filter.

I also use a dual C-mount short M42 adapter (6mm), with short c-mount to 1.25" adapter inside, then M42 helicoid to the M42 part, then connect the lens for one filter solution.

Dual adapters also exist for Sony E-mount.

All depends on how much space is available for a filter placement. Sometimes one can manage to place the filter (semi-)permanently inside a lens adapter, which for any non-native lens to the chosen system would equal 'rear filtering'. I have done that with a 2" Baader into F-m43 adapters.

My F-mount lenses for the Z system can use a DIY filter box adapter rebuilt from an astro solution (teleskop-express.de). This allows any filter up to 50mm square, or circular, to be deployed.