UltravioletPhotography

Hello, Hello

im_ghl

Hello everyone,

I'm Ivan from Switzerland. I've been following ultraviolet photography for a while, and today I finally joined. I know I'll enjoy it very much.

I discover beyond visible photography by happenstance. Once, I bought a bag of filters on a flea market (among them, a B+W 092 and 093), at the time I had no idea and was puzzled by these black filters, what are they good for?

At the time I was working in optics manufacturing, so optics and lenses were not something to be afraid of. Thus, after a few days and some research, converted a D90 to full-spectrum myself and started doing some IR pictures.

BUT, if you can go above visible, you can also go below........and this is why I'm here.

I share with you two images, above and below.

Another hobby of mine is lens repair, so, if you may have any question, let me know (or check my youtube channel)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLShUzNICkq98B_x4jlhj4A

post-299-0-53079600-1585859761.jpg

post-299-0-49011500-1585859774.jpg

Welcome to our small, yet highly competent and growing community. I doubt you can find a more qualified web place to ask anything UV/IR or in between, and as lenses and filters are a focal point of interest for virtually all members, you do have come to the right place.

The Lesser Celandine is not yet in blossom in my neighbourhood. As it was snowing earlier today I guess it'll be towards the end of April before I can capture any of these flowers.

Your IR capture has a nice, relaxed sepia rendition and atmosphere. Plus a reminder that lenses in IR tend to be very susceptible to flare and ghosts!!

• 2 months later...

Hello Ivan and Welcome to UVP! I hope you find good info here and enjoy chatting with the membership.

Thank you for the Youtube link. I have gotten into some trouble occasionally when attempting to take a lens apart for dust cleaning, so it is nice to have your expertise available.

I like the photo of the child on the tricycle. Very nice.