UltravioletPhotography

UV Books ?

Adrian

Following interest in my last post about a book from 1931, I wonder if people might like to share their favourite UV books or other references (I suspect there will not be many!)? I am an avid book collector, and have acquired many technical photography books over the years.

My "go to" reference book over the years, albeit for analogue photography, is the excellent Kodak publication M27, (1972). "Ultraviolet and Fluorescence Photography". It is only 34 pages long, but packed full of useful information and some now "classic" images (see below)

Other references I have found useful tend to be chapters in books:

e.g Arnold, Rolls, Stewart, (1971). Applied Photography. Focal Press

Morton (ed. (1984). Photography for the Scientist. Academic Press

A slightly different book, but very interesting is "The Pollination of Flowers" ed. Richard (1978). Academic Press. The cover alone is fascinating - an artists impression of how flowers might look in colour UVR. One of my projects this year is to photograph these flowers to see how accurate the colours are! (The flowers illustrated are: Epilobium latifolium, Dryas integrifolia, Arnica alpina, Erigeron compositus.

post-47-0-40116700-1584356748.jpg

post-47-0-56326000-1584356758.jpg

post-47-0-56668600-1584356988.jpg

post-47-0-79998100-1584357095.jpg

Did you see Andrea's list here:

https://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php/topic/2453-sticky-uvir-books/

There are also some here:

https://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php/forum/38-references-lists-stickies/

I will have to go through what I have. I seem to like to discover on my own. That's part of the fun in photography for me. Similar in science. I loved gather terabytes of data. Just didn't like the analysis of it. Thats also why I like to post the jpegs straight out of camera.

Even though I own more software than like to admit.