UltravioletPhotography

Welcome to my gallery. I'm going to split my images into 3 groups - IR, UV reflectance and UV fluorescence. I may even include a visible light section for a few images that mean a lot to me.

So, the IR images. I shall start with some analogue images, as that is what got me into photography anyway.

The first is of Burrator stone circle and line on Dartmoor, shot on Kodak High Speed IR film. it was later afternoon on a warm September day.

post-148-0-93093800-1584272293.jpg

The second at Stonehenge one morning at dawn, (I seem to recall mid December) again on Kodak High Speed IR and looking towards the rising sun.

post-148-0-63487900-1584272231.jpg

The third is Stonehenge again, but at a different time of year and with Kodak Ektachrome IR and using an orange filter.

post-148-0-18457200-1584272297.jpg

I like the compositions of your images.

The grain and sepia tone in the first one makes it look very old.

The person in the last image, when spotted, adds an interesting dimension to the last one.

Thanks all. I miss the grain from the Kodak High Speed IR - noise just isn't the same. I only ever did one roll of Kodak EIR - I just remember at the time thinking it was so expensive, and I was still only just getting in to imaging then. I wish I'd done more.

That Burrator stone circle is amazing. I would love to see that for reals. That photo looks almost antique. Did you make a print of it?

I also quite like that glow in the Stonehenge photo.

Jonathan, have you ever visited the Callanish stone circle? That was one of my most favorite travel experiences *ever*!

I believe I have a print somewhere Andrea, but that is a scan from the negative. Never been to Callanish, but hope to get there one day.