UltravioletPhotography

Why not start a Gallery of your best UV/IR work?

Andrea B.

Updated 11 May 2020 to add purpose of having a member Gallery

The idea of a member Gallery is to have a location for members to present an organized body (portfolio) of existing work. The organization can be historical or theme-based or whatever the Gallery owner chooses. If a member has a Gallery here, they can use it to showcase their work to non-members or organizations such as physical art/photo gallery owners or museums or educational groups.

And if anyone ever asks you about UV/IR photography, you can direct them to our member Galleries and Visitors Gallery so they can see what it is we do.

Would you like to start a Gallery to showcase your best UV/IR work?

Add a comment below if you would like to have such a Gallery. Tell me what name to give it -- full name or handle or other nickname. Then I will create a forum board in the category Our Galleries with your designated name where you can upload some of your favorite work organized however you like. You can put it all in one long topic, or you can make several separate topics.

For each uploaded photo, it would be nice to have a photo title and perhaps some comment about what the viewer is seeing. You can add exposure data if you like.

The permissions for each Gallery will be broad, so I would kindly ask everyone not to start a new topic in someone elses' Gallery. Although comments, compliments and questions can be freely posted to topics started by the Gallery owner.

I hope you will enjoy this. We would really like to see everyone put up at least one or two of their own favorite photos.

Also, I can add a Gallery title or other descriptive comment to the area under your name/handle/nickname.

Sounds like a good idea.

I wanted to add a forum post for people to upload their first ever UV photo. Thought about that when I laughed at mine with the Baader and the YUS CY 135mm f2.8 on my Olympus E3.

That would be interesting if a later update of the same subject could be posted for comparison. :grin:

How shall I label your Gallery? Do you want Da Bateman? or David B. Or what??

Andrea,

For me DA Bateman would be great. The A I use is actually my middle name, Arthur. But worked out well when I was in debates at high school and University. As the da bate man. I was a good judge for a while during Grad school.

Birna, I hope you are just referring to the travel ban and ate not sick your self.

We are on almost full lock down in my area. Churches, schools, libraries, are all closed now.

Uv photography may be on hold for a little while as the kids are home from school. I don't like having any dangerous lights on or around when they are home. Will have to work that out as the flowers are here.

Birna, the entire world is in a Covid-19 quarantine. We are all in a kind of shock.

I'm not going anywhere outside this house for about 6 weeks. Everything is closed and shut down here too in my state. I just ordered toothpaste and contact lens solution to be delivered by mail instead of the usual trip to the store.

We'll all get through this if we keep clam and stay isolated. :cool: :cool: :cool: You can panic later when it is all over. It won't be too terribly long until a vaccine is developed.

BTW, make sure your elderly neighbors are OK and have food.

Meanwhile, during the lockdown phase, we can all practice our UV or IR indoor still life photography, yes? And catch up on our reading. I've got a rather large stack of unread books which will be useful during these next few weeks.

I'll get those new forums created right away. There shouldn't be any problems creating new topics and uploading some of your favorite UV/IR work, but post here if need be.

The difference being that I'm in a real, life-threatening danger. And were I to contract the disease and need hospital treatment, current official policy is to let me die untreated. No joke. Not pulling anyone's leg.

The difference being that I'm in a real, life-threatening danger. And were I to contract the disease and need hospital treatment, current official policy is to let me die untreated. No joke. Not pulling anyone's leg.

Well I am glad you are not sick.

Sounds like the best time to see what that odd stuff growing around your sink looks like in multi spectra using your high magnification setup.

There are millions of subjects around the house. Also look at that odd thing moving in the fridge before you throw it away.

That is not very nice to know Birna, I would have thought the Norway was more advanced then that.... :angry:

I noticed a news item that said that was the policy in Italy too.

I haven't heard of anything like that in Australia ....yet.

When a system is on the verge of collapsing it shows its true colours. Age becomes a liability not an asset in these bleak times.

On a per-capita basis, Norway is with Italy on the top of the list for corona incidents. The outbreak in Italy (and Austria) coincided with our winter holidays and many people were abroad on vacation.

Andrea, starting a gallery sounds like a good idea. Please use JM Crowther. For me I think it would be nice to have one thread for UV reflectance, one for IR, and one for fluorescence.

I noticed a news item that said that was the policy in Italy too.

We are running out of intensive care units. They are limited of course, but we have (in Italy) more than 1000 new cases each day. There's no room left.

Andrea, starting a gallery sounds like a good idea. Please use JM Crowther. For me I think it would be nice to have one thread for UV reflectance, one for IR, and one for fluorescence.

I think it is a good idea with a type division, especially if the division is a sub-level. Please use Ulf W.

We are running out of intensive care units. They are limited of course, but we have (in Italy) more than 1000 new cases each day. There's no room left.

I can appreciate the problems, just sad...... :sad:

Remain calm, stay isolated, talk to your friends online. We are all in the same pickle! The US's particular predicament is that there are not enough tests to detect the spread. And our %*#@$%U@#@ so-called "president" decided to disband the pandemic group who were put in place to plan for such events as we are currently going through. I'm furious. But that will.not.help.now. Sooooo, I'm trying to remain calm, staying isolated and talking to friends online.

I'm making the new gallery forums now. Will report back when I"m finished.

I was able to photograph a little lizard in UV. I'll try to get that posted this evening. A little offering to take everyone's mind off C-19 I hope.

OK, I've made the newest gallery/forums.

You can start whatever topics you like within your section.

If you would like to add an overall title for your gallery/forum which would appear underneath your name,

then tell me here and I will go add it.

Here's a curious thing, it must be because I'm in the Southern Hemisphere

I can only see Birna's gallery listed if I am logged in.

Hope this will bring a smile.

What item is no where to be seen since the Corvid-19 panic on Aussie supermarket shelves???

Toilet paper