UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Chicago

HyperrealityPhoto

HyperrealityPhoto

Hi there,

Thank you for having me in your forum! My name is Becky but my photography goes by Hyperreality Photo. I am an avid photographer and I also teach photography at a community college. Nothing is off limits to me except for wedding photography! As I get older, I am more interested in experimental photography. I began shooting astro a few years ago, last April I fell in love with Infrared, and very recently I have started to experiment with Ultra Violet Fluorescence. My IR camera is a fully converted Olympus Pen, I am looking to upgrade soon, I also would like to use my full conversion for UV, I am currently using my Nikon D750 for UV and a few 395nm UV flashlights. I look forward to sharing here, viewing and learning more about the amazing world of UV! Not sure how to link to my images with just a word in here, I hope my url is ok, I have just started with UV, so there aren't many photos yet. http://www.hyperrealityphoto.com

Welcome to UVP, a friendly corner of the vast cyberspace dedicated to all things invisible. Whilst we initially focused (pun intentional) on UV, many if not all practioneers of the art of invisibility tend to deal with IR and other aspects as well. Thus we include them all.

Welcome aboard,

Don't be afraid to post images or ask questions or link images from your website.

I see you like the kodak/IRchrome/red infrared look. We have had a surge playing with various filters to get that look straight out of camera.

I also saw some lilac infrared. So you might like a Sepia or chocolate lee filter to also get that straight out of camera.

UV is a lot of fun and in recent years I think the cost of admission has finally dropped to make it dangerous.

So please buy some Uvex amber goggles first. Then if you go deeper into UV get the Orange Uvex. But not the other way, as the Orange safety glasses leak at the common first users wavelengths around 380nm.

Have fun, white balance with UV induced fluorescence can be tricky. I still don't think we have discussed that enough here.

With an Olympus camera you have the range to dial in a custom WB. I like 2350 to 2500 K for UVIIR. Visible, will vary depending on subject but I start to dial in aroud 6000. But sometimes 3200 is perfect.

Have fun, white balance with UV induced fluorescence can be tricky. I still don't think we have discussed that enough here.

Oh please, we have discussed it 6 ways to Sunday! The problem isn't lack of discussion, it's lack of firm conclusions and good options.

HyperrealityPhoto

Welcome aboard,

Don't be afraid to post images or ask questions or link images from your website.

I see you like the kodak/IRchrome/red infrared look. We have had a surge playing with various filters to get that look straight out of camera.

I also saw some lilac infrared. So you might like a Sepia or chocolate lee filter to also get that straight out of camera.

UV is a lot of fun and in recent years I think the cost of admission has finally dropped to make it dangerous.

So please buy some Uvex amber goggles first. Then if you go deeper into UV get the Orange Uvex. But not the other way, as the Orange safety glasses leak at the common first users wavelengths around 380nm.

With an Olympus camera you have the range to dial in a custom WB. I like 2350 to 2500 K for UVIIR. Visible, will vary depending on subject but I start to dial in aroud 6000. But sometimes 3200 is perfect.

Thank you for the info! The Lily was my first attempt at UV Fluorescence, haven’t played with UV with my IR camera yet. Hope to do so soon!

HyperrealityPhoto

Welcome to UVP, a friendly corner of the vast cyberspace dedicated to all things invisible. Whilst we initially focused (pun intentional) on UV, many if not all practioneers of the art of invisibility tend to deal with IR and other aspects as well. Thus we include them all.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

• 3 months later...

Nothing is off limits to me except for wedding photography!

This made me laugh. Given the wedding photos I've seen over the years, I think cameras should henceforth be banned from weddings. But try telling that to the Bride!

A belated Welcome to UVP from its very busy Editor. I hope you are enjoying the forum.