UltravioletPhotography

Bow River and The Banff Springs

Hi All,

One from the archives, one of my favorite places on Earth, while I have so many, this one is certainly Special.

I still call the Hotel the Banff Springs as that's what I grew up calling it and will always be that to me.

post-290-0-24820400-1579924758.jpg

Modded Sony a6300, 590nm, ISO 125, 1/200, F/10 Sony 10-18mm F/4

Thanks for Looking, Take Care,

Craig

Amazing, and definitely you and Jonathan are making a good case for IR + wide angle lenses!

Thanks Very Much Andy, Love the Wide Angle Views of things !!!

Take Care,

Craig

Looks great in false color. We've always referred to it as Banff Springs Hotel, and this scene brings back fond memories for me.
Looking at this wonderful photo, I can imagine checking into this hotel, being the only guests on the register, ... then getting snowed-in for some extended time... :)

Looks great in false color. We've always referred to it as Banff Springs Hotel, and this scene brings back fond memories for me.

Thanks very Much Gary, It is indeed stunning, so much History and the Whole line of what used to be the Canadian Pacific Hotels

are just in such beautiful settings. Was Lucky enough to spend my 40th, 50th, and 60+ Birthday in Banff. Hoping to head that way again soon !!!

Looking at this wonderful photo, I can imagine checking into this hotel, being the only guests on the register, ... then getting snowed-in for some extended time... :)

Appreciate the Kind Reply Mark, If you not been to that part of the World, to me it's always been the Closest you can get to an Alpine Experience without having to

Fly across the Pond. Our First trip there it took 6 hours to drive 90 miles, from all the stops along the side of the road and scenic areas. My Wonderful Wife still teases me about

it all these years later.

Here's another image of the Banff Springs in the Bow Valley.

post-290-0-74683500-1580002428.jpg

Kolari Vision Modded Sony a6300, 590nm, ISO 100, 1/250, and F/13

Sony 10-18mm F/4

The sharp edged peak in the second image is Mt. Norquay Mt. Rundle (my mistake!). It's been a few years since I've done any 590nm processing, but you've done a great job on this image.

The sharp edged peak in the second image is Mt. Norquay. It's been a few years since I've done any 590nm processing, but you've done a great job on this image.

Thanks Gary, I've gotten kind of hooked on 590nm for the last couple of years. I've found I can work it to show many different looks and the B&W really has a good feel to it.

Of course, I think the 830/850nm filters do capture a certain feel that's hard to copy.

Take Care,

Craig

Beaut in IR....how could not like this place....

Thanks Colin, It's truly a stunning place to see and enjoy, can't wait to go back hopefully this Fall !!!