UltravioletPhotography

UVP is up and running again! Apologies for the outage.

Andrea B.

Hello Everyone -

UltravioletPhotography.com had a small problem with some malware between 23 December and today 28 December. We do not know how it happened.

Once the malware had been detected, Site5 acted immediately to suspend the UVP website in order to prevent any activation of that malware and also to permit the malware removal.

Unfortunately Site5 suspended UVP before I had a chance to warn members either by an announcement or by email. I apologize for that but there really was not anything I could have done to prevent it happening.

Because of the Christmas holidays, it took longer than usual to remove the malware, run virus scans, repair the software and communicate with Site5.

But we are up and running again, so it's all good now!!

I will be checking various areas of the website to ensure that things are working properly. Please do let me know if you find any problems.

Best regards -

Andrea B. :bee:

All is well that ends well :)

The UVP community survived unscathed, that's the main impression. I got a flood of e-mails from worried people believing *they* had done something wrong ...

Yep I thought I was blocked for the holidays. As a push to spend more time with family.

I only have Birna's email so she got my concern.

So first your computer, then your email, then you, then UV photography.

I hope that is it Andrea and everything will be good in the future.

Thank goodness. I didn’t know what happened and had no one to contact really. Yesterday I finally remembered that Andy B. has an Instagram and he told me about the malware.

I am going to try to create a UVP emailing list which I can keep offline. Then in the event of any strange shutdowns, I can let everyone know what has occurred.

I also want to discuss with Site5 a more informative announcement from them. I would have preferred that there was a "Down for Maintenance" page instead of an "Account Suspended", which was very misleading.

I was one of the people who were worried they did something wrong and wrote to Birna. I thought I was banned for some reason I didn't understood. But yesterday I discovered that the problem didn't affect only me because even other people couldn't access to the website. Now I smile if I think about that, but initially I really believed I was banned for something I wrote or who knows what. Happy to write here again.

I felt so bad about that "Account Suspended" message!! It was not under my control. It scared me also when I first saw it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is how to realize that such a message is not personal. When you enter the ultravioletphotography.com URL and you are directed to our home page (or, alternately to some announcement page), then you are seeing what everyone sees BEFORE they log in. So the Account Suspended announcement cannot be personal. The UVP website has no way to know who you are or what the status of your membership is until after you log in.

I felt so bad about that "Account Suspended" message!! It was not under my control. It scared me also when I first saw it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is how to realize that such a message is not personal. When you enter the ultravioletphotography.com URL and you are directed to our home page (or, alternately to some announcement page), then you are seeing what everyone sees BEFORE they log in. So the Account Suspended announcement cannot be personal. The UVP website has no way to know who you are or what the status of your membership is until after you log in.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind (hopefully it will never happen again, at least with an "Account Suspended" message).