UltravioletPhotography

Calling all UK Members ...

bvf

In a Personal Messenger exchange with Timber, he floated the idea of a UK member get-together next year. I think that's a great idea - perhaps lunch in a pub, so I'd like to guage if there is an appetite for this.

If you might be interested in this, could you respond and indicate what town or area you live in. I don't want to pre-judge things, but if it turns out that our geographic distribution is London-centric, could you also indicate whether central London would be a practicable meeting place for you.

Regards,

Bernard.

Hi Bernard. Is this invitation extendable to members in the U.S. as well? I travel to England on occasion for business, and could possibly just be in the neighborhood at the time. Who knows!?

Same goes for me. Just a "little hop" across the North Sea in the wake of the Vikings ...

On a general note, we admins enjoy the suggestion that members can team up and learn to know each other better.

I am planning to move to Liverpool next year, but always happy to meet people with similar interest :) So as long I am still in Europe (because if Brexit goes bad I might leave for Philippines :D) I will come :)
  • 1 month later...

Any news on a potential meet-up in the UK? British Isles (and Ireland) are on my favourite list and it's been a while since I last visited London.

I'm going to Santa Fe to meet Andrea mid April to early May, but that's my only definite commitment at present.

I concur -- a pity. On our sister site, Nikongear.net, we have had great success by members meeting up on various occasions. Sometimes quite improvised, in some cases arranged and eagerly awaited by the participants.

Perhaps we should have a "billboard" on which we post itineraries whenever we travel abroad? That could spur spurious meet-ups.