UltravioletPhotography

Frankfurt

StephanN

Frankfurt in the summer of 2018, full spectrum Canon EOS 6D, UV filter made by Optik Makario, lens Soligor 21mm f/3.8 (unfortunately didn't write down the aperture, probably f/8)

post-176-0-48006900-1575398818.jpg

post-176-0-55786000-1575398825.jpg

post-176-0-63803800-1575398836.jpg

You have put that wide 21mm Soligor to good use, Stephan. I have only been able to see Frankfurt during take-off and landing and from the inside of its airport. So it is interesting to see some scenes of the city.

I have a question about your processing? One could bring out the contrast between the UV-dark and UV-bright areas by resetting the white point. I don't see that here and was simply wondering what your thinking on this was? BTW, I am *not* trying to put up a challenge here because each photographer has his/her own vision about how UV photos are presented. It is rather that as the forum editor I am always curious to have a conversation about different ways of processing UV photos.

Thanks, Olga and Andy. Frankfurt is definitely worth checking out, even though there is but one square and a few odd buildings here and there left from the old town; however, there are plenty of skyscrapers and the Messegelände to make up for this.

I also took a few IR-photos on the same day and developed then not flashy but with plenty of light parts (http://www.photo-cha...rankfurt-700-nm ), and so I went for a gloomy mood for for the UV-photos; there is one taken from teh same spot as the first photo in this thread. Looking at them here at their own I can understand that they feel a bit dull and grey to everybody but me :smile:

By all means, questions and suggestions are highly welcome, as I'm just dipping my toe into the fascinating waters of UV- and IR-photos.

Alternative development with white-point and a bit of colour-toning. Have to admit that it looks quite a bit more interesting this way :-)

post-176-0-15447600-1575655452.jpg