UltravioletPhotography

UV Thorns and Berries

Andy, Thanks! Just a quick out of the box test. Then back into the Pelican safe!

Baader U.

Bob, How astute of you! Pristine indeed, best example I have ever seen, untouched, never used, in the box, with all the toys, smells like a brand new Jaguar XK-E.

A little afraid to drive it...

How do you like the Bokeh of the UV-Nikkor?

eye4invisible
How do you like the Bokeh of the UV-Nikkor?

The bokeh is almost soap bubble-like, à la Trioplan, though not as prominent in the above photos.

But, somehow, I don't think you got that lens for its bokeh :)

Wow,

Looks good. So now you will start some crazy UVC and UVB imaging.

The ExoTerra UVB bulbs are good for UVB.

My most used lens is the UAT. But I don't use it outside. I also don't see the point as there is little UVB. I have been using the Sigma 30mm f2.8 lens, as I like autofocus for quick outside images.

But may switch up to the 60mm f4 KSS macro quartz lens or the Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake lens as still allows Af.

Now you have a full spectrum reference. The next crazy expense is the filters.

How about you? When will you start using your setup?

I started as soon as I got my lens. Then I fine tuned the filters and then the lights.

I guess your real question is when will I start to share my images.

I am slow to process, just end up dumping straight out of camera jpegs here.

Also have been mixed on what to up load to my website.

I should share my kiwi berries images. Those were interesting.

Family, work and other stuff usually takes priority over image finalization.

Also, get caught up with fine tuning spectral camera experiments. I think I want to try a lens test method out.

Also, been playing with my Lodestar sensor to get the best color out of it. Seems the old lodestarC software provides the best color accuracy. Just hard to use, still prefer starlight live.

The bokeh is almost soap bubble-like, à la Trioplan, though not as prominent in the above photos.

But, somehow, I don't think you got that lens for its bokeh :)

I don't know much about comparing bokeh myself, but it seemed pleasant and relaxing enough to my eyes in those pics.

I bought it because I couldn't pass this one up.

There are some that are in bad condition and cost much more.

The only thing I really have in mind for it so far is to compare it to the Kuri 35mm, which by the way, is a lens I discovered for the UV community back in early 2012.

https://www.fotozones.com/live/index.php?/forums/topic/41197-uv-the-wow-lens-kuribayashi-35mm/

https://www.fotozone...hi-3535mm-lens/

Prior to the UV-Nikkor 105mm, the Kuri 35mm has been my best UV lens. The Kyoei 80mm is also good, but I hardly ever use it.

The 105mm may have some points I have yet to realize, other than just the UV transmission.

Based on tests I have seen, I don't have any inspiration to use the 105mm for UVB. However, it is the only lens I have that transmits 320nm as well as it does 400nm,

all other UV capable lenses I have slope down to 320nm, how much of a difference this might make remains to be tested.

I guess your real question is when will I start to share my images.

I am slow to process, just end up dumping straight out of camera jpegs here.

Also have been mixed on what to up load to my website.

I should share my kiwi berries images. Those were interesting.

Family, work and other stuff usually takes priority over image finalization.

That’s indeed what I meant. I would love to see something like Mark does with UVA/UVB/UVC comparisons.

Congratulations, Cadmium!

The UV-Nikkor is very nice as a lens in addition to being UV-capable. Corrected, sharp (very!), nice contrast, easy to focus.