UltravioletPhotography

My work

Craigo79

I got the black 3D printed flash adapter from Craig today, very nicely made!

I don't have the flash yet, but the filters fit in nice and tight, so no light leak except the top edge, which Craig uses black silicon to seal up.

I am pretty impressed.

Here is a picture of the filter adapter. I have used a little slice of Pelican TrekPak made to fit the Pelican 1300 case, this I used to cap off the top and block any light leak along the top.

It works well, no light leak is visible with the foam/I-beam pushed down on both ends. It is cut the same length as the filter glass, and slides down on both sides in the adapter, just like the glass does.

I am using this for now, just so I don't have to dedicate the holder to one stack or type of filter.

Filters are very snug and push into holder nice if you stack them first and push them in together.

They will pull back out, but they are tight, so use thumb and fingers on front and back of filter stack to pull them back up and out together.

You probably will not need to ever remove the filters from the holder, since the holder slides off the flash easily.

You can just use some black silicon or even black tape to seal the top edge which really doesn't leak much light at all, and the holder leaks no light anywhere else, because the filters slide in so tight.

Neither tape or silicon are permanent, both can be removed fairly easily if needed.

This is the TrekPak I used. I just happened to have this for something else.

One cell width slice of one of these height dividers (other heights may work also, some are too short), then cut to length of filter glass:

https://www.pelican....iders/1300tpdiv

This adapter is great!

post-87-0-49814100-1576556679.jpg

It is a 3D printed filter holder/adapter for the Yongnuo yn 560 iii flash, that Craig makes.

I will say it again, I am very impressed with Craig's 3D printed filter holder. He can make things!

It is a 3D printed filter holder/adapter for the Yongnuo yn 560 iii flash, that Craig makes.

I will say it again, I am very impressed with Craig's 3D printed filter holder. He can make things!

Thank you :)

I never get tired of watching Even's (Pylon on here) great video about UVIVF (fluorescence).

This is a very well done video.

So many things to do, but eventually I will do a Sparticle and exposure tests comparing the Canon 199A and the Yongnuo yn 560 iii flashes.

Should be interesting.

• 11 months later...
I also managed to modify the YN560. Thanks for the tutorial video. I wanted to check if it matters which way around the filters are stacked eg should one be in front of the other or does it not matter? To be honest, I'm struggling to get decent fluorescence with this modified flash. Any tips on camera settings?