UltravioletPhotography

Hrommagicus IR Filter - Portraits

eye4invisible

Following on from my earlier post, here are a sample of portraits using the Hrommagicus filter. All images are SOOC, other than re-sizing and cropping.

Unlike most IR filters, the Hrommagicus doesn't give the "alabaster look" to skin. As to be expected, it does change the colour of fabrics, especially cotton that has been dyed black into a bright red tone. It also interacts with hair, especially where it's been treated with conditioner or a hair dye to also turn it red. My twin daughters' hair is a medium brown in the visible spectrum, but they have red hair with the Hrommagicus:

post-116-0-01720600-1571625736.jpg

There is a slight transparency to sunglasses - not as noticeable as a 720nm or higher filter, but it's there.

It does not seem to change anything with face-paint. Black face-paint stays black; white face-paint stays white:

post-116-0-07429000-1571626168.jpg

post-116-0-36153800-1571626533.jpg

Overall, a very nice filter for portraits.

The image of your daughters came out excellent. I can easily see people wanting that look. The reds look very natural, with the balance between the face and hair.

Black face paint staying black would hurt/help the current prime minister. See how he feels on Tuesday. :p

• 3 weeks later...