UltravioletPhotography

Chin Peng

Hello to Administrator,

Thank you for signing me up to the forum promptly despite the fact that we are on opposite site of the earth.

I have just started my journey to UV IR and multispectral photography. Converted a Canon 60D to wide spectrrum. Got myself a couple of UV bandpass filter and took some photos. Now am trying to figure out if what I have captured are correctly done.

Hope to be able to use the technique for my work in heritage conservation, particularly building and artifacts related.

Looking forward to share some photos and any advise related to the matter is welcome.

Anyone know of any good training program for this technique?

regards

Chin Peng

Welcome to the friendly UV community. I'm sure the members will chip in to assist you in the process of becoming a fully-fledged "invisible [light] photographer" ....

Do start a new topic with your test photos and we'll take the matter and questions from there.

Basically there is no "right" or "wrong" in UV/IR photography seen from an artistic point of view, but when these photographic techniques are used for specific purposes, reproducibility and other considerations enter the equation.

Hello Cadmium (Steve), I suppose you are the "Steve' from UVIROptics?

I have downloaded the Canon Digital Photo Professional and playing around with it a bit. . Manage to figure out the white balance function on the software. Still exploring.

Dear nfoto (Birna), Da Bateman,

thank you for your proposal. I will review and update with some of the photos i take in a few days time.

chin peng

Hi Chin, :-) Yes, I am guessing that your photo when white balanced will look black in the dark areas (without any tint or cast), and slightly blueish on the cardboard/paper areas,

instead of the out of camera overall purple tint/cast.

Looking forward to what others comment on your tests.